Sunday, December 18, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite......................WEDDING CAKES!!!

I've had the chance to make some really amazing wedding cakes over the last few years so I thought I'd put together a little walk down memory lane featuring a few of my favorite wedding cakes!!
The one that started it all!

This is the very first wedding cake that my friend Linda convinced me that I should make for her daughter's wedding.  I had, after all, taken all three of the Wilton cake classes at our local hobby store!  It took some pretty major convincing from her to assure me that I could, indeed make a wedding cake, but at last I agreed--I found out later that her first, second, and perhaps third choice cake bakers were already booked and she was quite desperate by the time she talked me into what would turn out to be the beginning of a new career for me!

The Zebra Cake

Now this was a display cake I did for my very first bridal fair--It was enormous and quite an eye catcher, landing Cakes by Diane on the front page of the local newspaper!

The Luttrell

I have made this cake in about a dozen different variations--it was first ordered by the wonderful Luttrell family and so it has been christened by me as "The Luttrell."

Abby's Random Ribbon Wraps

I loved this cake so much that it adorned my first Cakes by Diane brochures and pamphlets.

The Snyder Cake

After I'd finished this cake I felt sure that I was finally a cake decorator!  The amazing photography of Dawn Muncy made the cake look even more grand!!

Kelly's monogrammed polka dots.

I loved this cake because it was so cute and colorful!

I love, love, love all of the beautiful flowers on this cake!!  

Pink and Bling

This cake was all pink and blingy and was really the centerpiece of the affair!!  I worked closely with wedding planner Amanda Sikich of Planned 2 Perfection to create this cake!!  

Natalie's Wedding Cake

This cake was so much fun to plan and make.  I spoke with bride-to-be Natalie for nearly 2 hours at our local Starbuck's to get all of the details just right for her peacock-themed wedding cake.

Black Damask

I had finally perfected the art of stenciling buttercream on buttercream when I finished this pretty cake!

Anne's Wedding Cake

My idea of the classic wedding cake--and the inside was so yummy too--vanilla/almond cake with almond pastry cream filling!!

I love working with all of the wonderful families who choose me to be their wedding cake designer.  It's because of them that I get to do something I truly love every single day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment